Sunday, December 21, 2008

.: my pet projects :.

I've been doing these basically the past four months, developing concepts,slept at 7am everyday, never ending printing, taking pictures (by my own and from flickr...), many, many trips to Kelly Paper (where, incidentally, I tripped and fell over and made a huge fool of myself...LOL) until the people who works there know me just by hearing my voice... and these are the results:

This is a magazine based on the word 'paramour' or illicit love affair. My concept is mixing craft with a bit of a flair (like Sublime Stitching mixed with Ready-made, in a way...) Since the first issue is about love, the content is more like Ready Made mixed with Playboy .... :p

I wish I took pictures of the content, but the book was still very fragile when I shot this and I didn't want to risk it falling apart before I got to class. I bind it myself, therefore it's a little crooked :p I love the faux-leather paper I use to cover the inside, and the blue leather matches the blue on the cover outside. The pages are french-fold, printed on a yummy, creamy & smooth Mohawk paper that I absolutely love. Now my professors got a hold of both projects, so I cannot show you more.
This book is the result from all the interviews I've been conducting these past four months (and I used some of your photos without asking, of course) If I didn't get a good grade out of it, I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out.

Comments, anyone?

No comments: