Monday, January 21, 2008

.: SFMOMA :.

I'm having a hard time trying to decipher the meaning of modern arts. Most of the time I just can't believe it is art (hey, maybe that's the meaning of it: to mock classical art?) I do, however, love San Francisco's Museum of Modern Art. Lucky for me being an art student in SF, I can get free entry everyday until Aug 2008, so I have access to their exhibitions. My favorite was one from Joseph Cornell, who created shadow boxes out of his collectible ephemeras. His boxes are really amazing, well-organized and well thought of. Aside from the intriguing exhibitions and permanent collections, I also love the store *surprise, surprise*. Unlike other museum store, here you can find every art and design books you need, functional modern innovative products, and beautiful jewelries.

Curly Heart Necklace by Gabriela Horvat

Resin necklace by Faryn Davis

No comments: