Tuesday, February 9, 2010

.: memento mori :.

It's funny how I took life for granted sometimes. I feel young and quite healthy, and I believe most of my friends are in great shape. That's why everyone was so shocked when we lost one of our dearest friend a month ago. She was a very healthy girl, she exercise regularly, eat normal (no excessive drinking & cholestrol) and very energetic. Always up to anything, very flexible and cheerful. Life was always happy and sunny for her. Simply put : no one ever thought she'll be the first to go.

Nobody really knows how she passed, but everyone said she has no unfinished business, as if she knew her time was up. Whenever you lost someone unexpectedly, you tend to recall the last time you met her/him; your last conversations with them. I vividly remember something Chen did that was unusual. Before I went back to SF, she dropped gifts for me at home (I was away doing last minute shopping) : a necklace and a pair of earrings. I found it weird because she rarely gave out random gifts and we're going to have dinner later that week. She insisted that she wanted to give me something. I didn't think much of it until she passed away. I also recalled our last conversations; how she has grown tired of living in Bandung, with the conservative, gossipy crowds whose daily lives involved trips to beauty shops, arisan and spending their husbands' money. She wanted to be somewhere else, to go as far away as possible from Bandung. Well, she got what she wished for, I'm sure she's with God now and smiling at us from up above. Because that's how I remember her, as a loving, cheerful, kind-hearted girl. We miss you, Chen.

1 comment:

MR. CU?IOSITY said...

I'm sorry for your loss, a moment like this will remind us of the remaining friendships we have.