Tuesday, July 24, 2007

.: the mexican in Bandung :.

I've heard about this place called Lada's months ago but I just got the chance to try it today. My friend & I planned to dine there last Sunday, however when we got there, the whole street was pitch black due to the rolling blackout. We waited for about 30 minutes and the electricity still hadn't turned back on, so we went to another place. The waiter told us that it usually lasted for several hours, without advance notice!! Their next door neighbor, a beauty shop, probably suffered the most; their clients went home with half-done perms!
Now, about the food. The chilli con carne was very sweet, and the beef burrito was very dry, no guacamole & cream cheese for the fajitas, tasty rice p
ilaf & nachos & salsa. However, overall taste was good altho' it's a tad different than the usual Mexican food I used to eat. Probably due to lack of condiments available and adjustments that are more suitable for Indonesian taste. (considering how sweet most of the food here, maybe it's a Javanized style?) As I'm counting the days until my departure, I've started to re-organize my bookshelves. Books are my treasure, and I really hate to see them gone missing. My favorites are the classics by Jane Austen & Louisa May Alcott, books that makes me think & learn like Paulo Coelho's, Anne of Green Gables series, books with interesting plot like Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, and of course, Harry Potter... :) I'm willing to trade my sleeptime for a good book. See, I don't spend all my time just eating good food! :p

1 comment:

Steven said...

Hi Mar!

Sorry for the late comments! Been such a lazy bug lately! BTW, next time you're in SD, you should definitely try POKEZ, our fave mexican food...oh so good....:P. Giant burritos complete with all the stuff you mentioned and no funny taste a.k.a. 'javanized flavor'...hehehe!
And speaking about Mr.Potter...I've got the latest book on Sunday from Costco...for a little bit more than 40% off! Can't beat that! Was gonna order from Amazon but hate to wait since I don't wanna pay for shipping...such a cheap skate! Haven't started reading it yet though...