Friday, April 18, 2008

.: glorious sadness :.

Ever since my former co-worker purchased a painting from Copro-Nason gallery of a lady with elongated figure holding a slim cigarette (a gothic version of Audrey Hepburn's Holly Golightly), I've been in love with sad, quiet, and dark paintings. Then my friend introduced Amy Sol to me, that up until today, still remains my favorite illustrator. I found AnneJulie a month ago and posted her work. I was in love with her cameos and brooches, but she did not have anymore jewelry, up until today. I decided to get my hands on at least one of them, so here's what I purchased:It is called Glorious Sadness, and I think it's absolutely gorgeous. I love her melancholia series but in the end I settled for this one. I love this, this and this but they were sold out. From her blog I also found her friend who sells very beautiful prints of her original paintings. I want to buy them all! :D

No comments: