Wednesday, September 28, 2011

.: The Great Missoni Race :.

I've never owned a Missoni before; aside from their products are ridiculously expensive I also don't think I can pull off wearing colorful chevron pattern all over my shapeless body. There's a possibility that some lines may look über-stretched in several areas and I don't want to risk it. Then Target announced a collaboration project with Missoni. Suddenly I'm crazy about zigzags. Since my sister-in-law and her mother are big fans we decided to go on Missoni hunts, or shall I say Missoni race. It did feel like a crazy race. I woke up at 4AM on Sept 13, went on target.com only to find that the site was down. We went to the store at 8AM and the Pasadena location was practically raid. In another location, women ran from parking lot to the store, knock each other over a pair of shoes. Hoarding of zigzag stuff everywhere. There were some women who form a coalition and only trade stuff between themselves. A woman left her son with a complete stranger while she was trying a cart of clothes, and ended up buying clothes that are 3 sizes too big. We haunt fitting rooms and customer service, digging on stuff that people returned. I went to Target in cities I've never heard before. It was madness. I wasn't planning to get a lot of stuff but in the spirit of the day ended up with tons of Missoni goods. My Missoni fever went on for a couple of days, but thankfully I'm quite recovered now. I'm returning most of the clothes (or eBay...) and will only keep the home goods.

No comments: