Tuesday, September 9, 2008

.: easy peasy :.

After a month long of cooking experiments I return to SanFran and find an empty fridge. I got a crate full of various instant noodles tho... Then after about 5 days eating instant noodles with variations (meatballs, mushrooms, meatballs AND mushrooms...) I decided to try cooking again. Nothing fancy, of course. So I went to 99 ranch and bought about three bagfuls of shtuff. I'm too lazy to create something complicated and I don't really want to spend money on produce that I won't use again later. If you don't have time but want something healthier than instant noodle, make a soup. Today's menu is a 'whatever goes' soup. Here's my recipe:

ingredients:

2 blocks of chicken broth (if you use powder, about 2tbs)
meatballs
shrimp balls
fish balls
cubed tofu
chopped chinese cabbage
enoki mushrooms
chopped leek
and if you like you can also put in button mushrooms & cilantro. I added tom yum sauce because I like my soup sour and spicy.
directions:
boil about half a pan of water, drop the chicken broth in, stir. Add the veggies, then add the other ingredients. Voila, you have a soup.



I also bought a french press to prevent me from donating money to a Starbucks everyday. I love it! I got myself the Bodum Brazil 8-cup french press and use Starbucks' French Roast (can get away from them really...) I still use my Starbucks' mugs so I still feel like I have a fancy coffee... I mix 6-8 spoonful of coffee and 2 tbs of condensed milk. Yum...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mar!

Resep sop plang plung elu menarik jg euy...apalagi g udah lama juga nggak makan baso...terakhir waktu di indo! Kalo g jadi cobain, si pancu pasti gempar kalo tau resepnya dari elu! Hahaha!

maria said...

ehueheu abis gw males makan indomie terus, udah aja segala yg ada direbus...