Wednesday, October 22, 2008

.: all dressed up :.

One of the things I love about San Francisco is how people walk everywhere and take public transportation (although I have a love/hate relationship with SF Muni) I got the chance to see varieties for cold-weather outfits here, from the nastiest oversize sweaters matched with cropped pants and booties (arrgh) to sleek and chic colorful coats. I think my obsession with clothing is actually getting worse here! So many well-dressed girls and girly men (I saw a very well dressed man wearing a black patent-leather stilettos to school one day) I also adore little details, good color combination and retro-ish style. I love how these girls dress and I wish I can start to have more adventures with my bulging wardrobe just like they do.
1. Yulanda
2. Emily Martin -> the artist behind my print collection
3. Piksi
4. Elin

A friend noted that the reason I look so 'Asian' instead of 'American' is because I don't dress like most Americans do (is that even a problem? I don't get it) Granted that certain styles don't really fit a 145lbs- 5' 0.6"(that point six counts, right?!!) but I don't think it has anything to do with race. Just have fun, don't be hatin! :p

Lately I've been a sucker for handmade look on everything I have, trying to find that special details. I think this top is super lovely and it is handmade... and it has that 60s, mod-ish feel to it! I've been begging my mom not to throw away her 60s dresses but I don't think she will agree ... :p

No comments: