Wednesday, October 1, 2008

.: attention seeker :.

In the course of your life you must have met one or two individuals who love attention so much they'll die without it. You know them: they wore brightly colored shirts and/or ginormous accessories, talk super loud and high-pitched, always steer the conversations around so they can be the center of attention, roll their eyes upon hearing about other people's problem... They'll do anything to attract attention to themselves and tend to belittle other people.

I found these kind of people to be annoying. I tried not to be one of them; too much attentions make me uncomfortable (
especially when deep inside you know it's a fake attention). However now that I think about it, I do envy their honesty (I still cannot tolerate the loud and high-pitched sounds tho...) They want something and they actually ask for it instead of kept on wishing (like me). I do like small attentions but I cannot seem to ask for it because I'll feel like the attention-seekers. I admit I do love it when people pay attention to me (come on, who doesn't?), but in smaller doses. Just simple things like how my former boss used to bought me little stickers because he knows I collect them, or a simple praise from someone I passed on the street, or random mixed cd that a friend of mine always give away for gifts... I cherished the smaller, simple attentions... and I crave them like I crave for coffee... :)

oops... that was a long speech... :p just something that passed my mind while I'm forcing myself to sleep 'early' (3AM instead of 5) Phew. I think tomorrow I'll watch something funny before I go to bed so that I don't overthink stuff.
Lately I felt as if I'm drifting without any clear directions.
That's why the title of the photograph is adrift :)

No comments: