Friday, July 10, 2009

.: farewell :.

It's not easy to accept someone you know is no longer in this world, no matter who that person is. Maybe he or she is someone close to you, Michael Jackson, Farah Fawcett or someone you just met once or twice. An acquaintance of mine passed away yesterday of a heart attack at 34. He was my retreat leader back in 2005. A little wacky and very funny, he'd brightened up any room he walked into. Warm and generous, he offers his shoulders for those who are in need. My friendship with him only consist of exchanges of jokes here and there (+facebook friend who keep on sending mafia war requests), but my friends said he's a very sweet and thoughtful guy. Four years older than me, without any known disease, gone abruptly without saying goodbye. It's really hard to register that someone so young, so full of life, can be taken away anytime when God said so. Something like this always makes me question myself, what is the most important thing in life. A good friend of mine recently stated that he'd no longer sit around waiting for grad school to be over in order to have a life. He'll only be 31 once, he said, and he'll make sure every single day is worth living(thus he bought an xbox... well maybe it's his kind of life) There's a truth to that, and I think I need to shift my priority. I wish that one day if I die, I won't be wondering whether I've lived my life right. I'd like to be sure that I've lived my life exactly the way I want it to be.

No comments: