Monday, August 31, 2009

.: Around Bandung in 30 days- part 2 :.

The latest trend in Bandung: pancake & shabby chic, about a year too late from Jakarta. I absolutely adore this cafe despite the reputation of the food quality. The concept is good, the menu is super adorable, and I think the food is good. I don't think Bandung is ready for this kind of food and cafe, because they were complaining how the pancakes do not look like the regular, IHOP style pancake they're familiar with. Weird. Just like how they went to any Sushi restaurant and order a beef teriyaki bento (that you can get quite inexpensively in Hoka Hoka Bento)



However, cuteness doesn't distract me from mistakes the graphic designer made. Can you spot the mistakes?
Also still happening: the antique, very old Indo style. I applaud the owner of this cafe for getting authentic, glamorous vintage items (like sepeda onthel) Unfortunately I went there too early: the service is terrible, the staffs were rude, and the food was so-so. The cafe owner is well known for his cookies, cakes and pastries so I bought a jar of his homemade cookie. Now that was good.
Again, not all Bandung people are ready for this. I heard comments on how scary the vintage stuff is and they smelled weird.

Some other Bandung findings:
The Tofu Factory (ooh that sounds cool in English) in Lembang try to play with new tofu concept. I think I'll skip the last one tho.

Ah, Densus 88. Our famed anti-terrorism squad. What were they doing in Cafe Bali wearing pink shirt two days after their televised failed attempt to capture Noordin M Top and spent 12 hrs shooting ... a house? They were eating happily and chanting and laughing and smoking. And wearing a pink shirt with 'Densus 88 emang top' on the back. Well, we lost the terrorist, boohoo. Let's just eat, drink and be merry until the next attack, shall we?

No comments: