Wednesday, August 5, 2009

.: no dementors! :.

Everytime I talk to my school friends, the topic will have similar theme: depression. All of us (literally ALL of us, even the overachiever gal) wondered what happened to the old 'us'. We're depressed, sad and cranky all the time. My friend even thinking about taking a long break from school and enjoy life for sometimes because we're no longer young. Last week I have a similar conversation with miss J who's been thinking of moving to Singapore or Thailand and continue the school online because she feels depressed everyday. Then we're thinking whether our school is not at fault; SanFran is. The constant overcast, barely any sunshines, and hectic traffic may drove us to eternal sadness. I felt that there maybe some unseen dementors around SanFran, sucking happiness out of us until there's no more hope left.
I started to feel that this may be true because I was a bit reluctant to go 'home' this time. There's no more 'home' because my childhood home is under major renovation, my friends are busy with family life, and I'm as fat as the Micheline Man. Amazingly, the minute I got into the plane, I don't feel sad anymore (although for the next 17 hrs I have to deal with a screaming kid...) I was ecstatic when I was walking around Singapore with zits as big as jellybeans, and I haven't felt overwhelmed with my parents' new rental home. There are no dementors here. There are lots of nasty gossippers but they won't suck all my happiness. For that I'm grateful :)

No comments: