Thursday, July 17, 2008

.: Njambon :.

Sate Sapi Pak Kempleng

Lawang Sewu - 1000 Doors, Semarang

At least once a year my parents travel to Central Java for 'pulang kampong' + 'food' pilgrimage (well, they also visit several religious pilgrimage areas...) and they asked me to tag along. It's hard to refuse because I know good local food awaits.... Here's a list of what-to-eat when you're in Semarang :
  1. Sate Pak Kempleng 1 at Jalan Raya Ungaran (you won't miss it, the billboard is ginormous)
  2. Soto Bu Nasiri at oldtown Semarang (in front of old Bank Bumi Daya)
  3. Lekker in front of Loyola
  4. Nasi ayam in front of Karang Turi High School
  5. Again, nasi ayam at Simpang Lima (open after 10 pm)
  6. Tahu petis at M.T Haryono (this one sells fast, so get them before 7pm)
  7. Ayam Salim at Pringgading
  8. Nasi pindang at Gajah Mada
  9. Soto Mbak Lin (used to be at Mataram, last time I heard it moved somewhere...)
  10. Es Tjong Lik (pasar semawis and mataram) : must get the Lychee and Soursop + durian pieces
Galeri Batik Danar Hadi - Solo

Batik cards from Yogya

I went to Yogya, Semarang and Solo for a batik conquest. I was very impressed with street vendors in Yogya, the artworks were nicely made, affordable and creative. Too bad I didn't bring my camera along that day. I was overwhelmed by printed batik, so I chose boutique-y batik instead and was very happy with what I bought. I wish I can buy some more but my suitcases are full already :(

No comments: