Thursday, November 13, 2008

.: sundanese please? :.

pencok leuncanasi tutug oncom
the works: rice, grilled chicken, tofu,
tempe, petai, salted fish and sambal terasi


All my friends know by now how I despised regular Chinese food (aside from dim sum), it is on the very bottom of my list if there's nothing else to eat. By regular I mean those places you can find in Chinatown, China and Hong Kong. I absolutely hates how noisy and dirty the places are and how greasy the dishes are. There are only a few places that I tolerate and they serve Taiwanese food instead of Chinese. My Chinese food menu never vary : Mabo Tofu, Honey Walnut Shrimp, Deep Fried Squid and Spicy Salt, Green Beans, repeat. Interestingly enough, I tolerate Sundanese restaurants... no matter how noisy and dirty the places are! :p They are smelly with 'terasi' and 'salted fish', super noisy (because hello, sundanese are super talkative & high pitched!) and dirty with cats and rats running around freely. Odd, eh?

No comments: