Friday, September 4, 2009

.: Karel Čapek teatime shop :.


A while ago I posted my Tea Time purchases when I was in Singapore. It was from a Japanese tea company called Karel Čapek Teatime Shop, inspired by Czech writer Karel Čapek . They launched their products with different packaging every season (obviously to attract collectors) done by a talented artist by the name of Yamada Utako. Their teas are very fragrant and yummy, but a tad expensive (8 tea bags for US$9, so you do sort of pay for the packaging). I just found their websites and apparently not only they sell teas but there are illustrated tea sets, ginger snaps, cooking books and silk-screened drawings. Visit their website here and their online store here, they're in Japanese but you can see all the hand-done illustrations.

5 comments:

Ericia said...

Hello, Can i know where you bought the tea at in Singapore? Don't know if you still remember.

Ericia said...

Hello, Can i know what place did you buy the tea at in Singapore? If you can still remember.

maria said...

Hi Ericia,

thank you for your comment. I found it in Takashimaya's food court, right across from the grocery store. I hope it's still there :)

Ericia said...

Thank you!! ^^ I will go and check it out. I think it's still there :) Now.. I remembered that I saw those tea tins like 4 years ago at Takashimaya.

maria said...

Good luck! It's kinda pricey for me but I absolutely love their teas :) and I keep all the packaging lol