Monday, May 7, 2007

.: Happy Birthday! :.

To who? To me, of course! Thank you so much for everybody who remembers, I'm so touched... A lot of people remember, altho my best friend in the whole wild world did not congratulates me for whatever reason, hmpf... having too much fun in her long-overdue-vacation, perhaps... What I love about birthdays is of course the gifts (where's my nintendo wii and pic of flowies?) you can buy cakes without restraint! Go mad with cakes! Cakes cakes cakes... :p I've heard about this little cheesecake shop near my house and I decided to give it a try. It's called Cizz (since they only sell cheesecakes). I bought their strawberry cheesecake and a small cup of tiramisu. Mom also got Kupat Tahu Gempol for me (fried tofu mixed with rolled rice and beansprouts, covered by peanut butter...) and made me fried vermicelli. Surprise, surprise, my friend who co-owns a well known chinese restaurant also sent me the birthday noodle dish! So yummy! Thx a lot! And yes, that's my Dad's thumb's up for the dishes... I also heard a lot about this restaurant in Paskal Hypersquare called Ta Yang Suki, which actually is a suki restaurant but also serves good chinese food, so I decided to try. The ambiance is unbelievably horrible; so noisy, hot and packed (well IT IS a chinese restaurant...) but the food here is good! The dish on the top is stir-fried Mussell with Bamboo (you don't eat the bamboo pieces, just for flavor), the middle is my strawberry cheesecake, and the bottom one is their infamous deep fried soft shell crab. They also serve yummy steamed fish, donut-shaped squid and deep fried squid with spicy salt. They have 3 pages of selections for the suki and 3 flavor of soup. Despite the unfriendly ambiance I'll be back to try the suki!

No comments: