Monday, April 9, 2007

.: Psychological Monday :.

I love reading interesting books, especially those that makes me think about my life. This book by Elizabeth Gilbert is hilarious & stirred some thoughts in my 'in-semi-hibernation' mind. She said "Destiny... is a play between divine grace and willful self-effort. Half of it you have no control over; half of it is absolutely in your hands... I can choose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life–whether I will see them as curses or opportunities." My immature & so negative mind used to say,"Oh geez, easier said than done. Too romantic." However, when I put that to practice, I'm quite amazed. Sometimes, after several problems at life & work, my mind will whisper, "You're such a failure!" "See? Told you, you won't be able to do that!" Now I'm learning to shush my mind, try to let go and make peace with my failures. So what if you fail? Nobody said you're not allowed to make mistakes. Acknowledge it, make peace, move on. Never say something is hard before you try. Always, always try to see failures as oppportunities to do something better. I tend to rephrase some words to fool my melancholic mind, and it works! =D Too romantic? Nah... And one mistake that I have to let go is ... cutting my bangs straight. I thought I will look kinda cool, just like Anne Hathaway in Devil Wears Prada. Boy, am I wrong! So, I plan to have a new hairdo, especially when I realize that my hair is so long!! Almost down to my waist! Let's look at it before I cut it tomorrow...

No comments: