Thursday, April 26, 2007

.: Vacation Story :.

I'm finally back from my vacation! Whew these past two months have been filled with many trips... Many things happened on this last trip. First, when I got into Batam (still in Indonesia), I found out that my luggage, along with 40 others, were left in Jakarta. The airplane employees told us that they decided the plane was overweight so they removed several suitcases and distributed them among the next flights into Batam. Nice. Finally, after 10 desperate hours, I got my suitcase back. Phew... Then the hotel's concierge cheated us on taxi fare; they told us all taxis cost the same. Later we found out that we can actually bargain the fare. Not cool! And what made us feeling totally uncomfortable was, whenever we walk on the sidewalk, people in private cars & motorcycles honked at us, offering to drive us around Batam! I was so glad when we reached Singapore. Despite the fact that some of the people are rude, they won't cheat on you. Their taxi drivers are courteous, knowledgable and friendly. Suitcases won't go missing. And shopping is always fun (although you don't really buy anything) My must visit shops are the regular Mango-Zara-Forever 21-Topshop (my faves; slightly more expensive but better selections), Charles & Keith (fab shoes!!), Kinokuniya at Ngee Ann City, Borders, That CD Shop (they sell their own audiophiles mix CD), and Level One underneath Far East Plaza for HK-style boutiques. The Japanese Dept Store Takashimaya is also my fave since they have wide selections of Japanese products for food & goodies.Aren't those stuff so cute? And also affordable! The drawstring bags are made of thick tissue paper. The stuff on the right image are gift pouches, business card holder (the one with birdie on it), photo album, and coasters. I think I caught a Spring Fever because lately I'm crazy about cheerful floral patterns in spring colors (orange,yellow,red) and cannot stop buying stuff with in this colorful patterns! This is a chiffon top from Forever 21, just looking at it makes me feel cheerful already!Those are basically what I got in Singapore aside from several US magazines & books I cannot get in Indonesia.(somehow Indo magazine stands don't have Domino & Blueprint, maybe not yet?)

No comments: