Thursday, April 12, 2007

.: What & where to eat in Bandung 01 :.

The pic above is what I had for dinner yesterday. I ate them all! MUHUAHAHA.. kidding. Actually we went to a Padang restaurant on our way home from messy, busy Jakarta. We ate the 'ayam & udang gulai', 'sambal ijo' and 'daun singkong rebus'. Nope, I did not eat the eggplant dish that you see in the middle.
Since my friends from SD-CA are on vacation here in Bandung, we planned to eat 'jajanan pinggir jalan' as much as possible during their last week of stay (or the 'diarrhea week', according to crazy mr S.) I believe the only reason so many people come to Bandung is for the food. So I try to come up with my own version of makansutra (it's like zagat for asian regions).
My favorite restaurants in Bandung:
1. Kafe Bali on Jln Riau (don't kill me, Pen! It has to be on #1): Lotek, Gado2 & Kolak Campur
2. Mie Rica on Jln Kejaksaan : Their 'pangsit goreng' is the best.
3. Batagor Kinglsey on Jln Veteran :a bit pricey but worth it
4. Kedai Teteh Indorasa, Lembang : Order 'Nasi Timbel Komplit'. Choose your rice: white, black and red.
5. dPalms on Jln Lombok: good decor, great food & affordable. Best dish: nasi tutug oncom, dPalm grilled fish
6. Atmosphere cafe in Jln Lengkong : live music everyday, good ambiance (they didn't name it 'Atmosphere' for nothing). Must have: Balinese Nasi Ulam, Entrecote d Paris.
7. Boemi Djoglo in Dago Pakar : Nasi Liwet with mushrooms!!!
8. I Scream for Ice Cream on Jln Hariangbanga : best homemade ice cream & gelato. Must have: butterscotch & rum raisin ice cream.

Those are my fave -originally from Bandung- restaurants/cafe. More to come!


* my friends and me at dPalm restaurant *

No comments: