Sunday, April 1, 2007

.: Psychological Sunday :.

"How do you guard against loneliness?", ask the Guard Dog from Mutts comicstrip. A question that has been pondering on me lately. Loneliness has been my topic in the past. People said you can never feel lonely if you have lots of things to do. That you don't need other people to have fun. Be yourself, they always said. However why do I feel that being myself means to be by myself, a.k.a alone? I am currently living in my very own home country, where everybody speaks my first language, but how come nobody understand what I'm saying? Is loneliness the price I have to pay by being myself? Shall I sacrifice what I believed in for company of others? Hmm... sounds too desperate isn't it? =D so unlike me! Lately my strong melancholic mood has resurfaced despite the fact I try so hard not to be too mellow. The outside force is stronger than me this time. I can laugh and smile and be totally crazy when I'm out with my friends, but when I'm enclosed inside the four walls of my room, that's where those desperate feelings start to crept inside my head. I must acknowledge it shamelessly: I am lonely. Not alone, since sometimes I think alone is good. 'For all I love, I love alone...' said Poe. 'In solitude where I feel least alone,' said Lord Byron. Loneliness is no good. I don't want to be one of those aging ladies living alone with their cats with no family members who cares about them; too sad for me. How am I to survive these feelings? Anyone have a wise advice? =) Be more logical, perhaps? *wink2* I hope nobody mind my random ramblings, this monologue helps me to clear my head. I'll try to get back to my old self who only cares to eat good food, buy nice stuff & go to nice places! =D have a good sunday everyone! ps: someone promised to hangout with me next week! this is a friendly reminder, LOL ...

No comments: