Monday, June 30, 2008

.: Milan :.

After babbling about Europe for so long I don't think I still have stories to tell ... Honestly Milan was a bit disappointing. The city was dirty, a lot of walls were covered with graffiti, and the people were not very friendly. I was hoping that the fashion capital of the world means that people were walking around in high fashion. I didn't see swanky Italian girls but saw tons of Filipino pilgrims instead. Duomo Cathedral, however, was breathtaking. We visited the underground crypt of the bishop Borromeo, saw the jewel-encrusted crowns he used to wear and the diamond+gold cross used for mass in the good ol' day... then we went to the Vittorio Emanuelle for high-brand shops...(Prada + Gucci + Salvatore... and of course, the french fave LV) Across from the Cathedral we can find tons of casual local brands, smaller churches. On one of the bakeries I found these miniature fruit & cactus... made from glazed marzipan. Fancy, eh? One thing I cannot get enough of are the gelatos from street vendors... Must try the lemon one, verrry fresh and tasty!

No comments: