Sunday, March 4, 2007

.: Live from MudCity 01 :.

Okay, this trip is totally unplanned, I had a family emergency last Thursday and we left for Kuala Lumpur on Friday. I spent 2 days making friend with a coffee vending machine. :D But all our worries went away so we went shopping & sightseeing. Kuala Lumpur is a lot like Jakarta, minus all the pollution (coz they have so many trees, parks & gardens, and they're creating their own version of NYC's Central Park). Traffic jam is everywhere, that's the main excuse for taxi driver to charge higher price. Malaysia is growing rapidly and becoming more and more like Singapore. They have Starbucks & Coffee Bean in almost every corner, with free Wi-Fi access (that's where I hang out after shopping). Malaysian spoke Cantonese waay better than they speak English. However I can't help laughing when I read these inside a taxi. I also found an Indian store in the mall 1 Utama with outstanding window display. Isn't it beautiful? And the last pic I shot inside Taman Tasik Perdana, which is a big complex consist of a lake garden, butterfly garden, and the world's largest covered bird park. They also let monkeys run around the park. I also got the chance to do some architecTour, and I will post the link here asap. Oh, btw, here's what I ate:
Now that is the must-eat of Malaysia! The left one is rice meal which consist of rendang padang, briyani rice, fish fillet & string beans. It taste heavenly! The pic on the right is almond-tofu with longans & cherries that I got at a chinese restaurant. Ok, that's it for now!

No comments: