Wednesday, February 28, 2007

.: Contemplation :.

Today at the hospital while waiting for the doctor I overheard several stuff that makes me feel so grateful.The first one is a quarrel between a man and a woman. I have no idea what's wrong with the man but he's the one who got sick all suddenly while they were dating (i must add that they're well dressed!) and the girl has to drive him to the hospital. Somehow she's disgruntled, pulling a scene, complaining loudly about how unhappy she is, their relationship sucks, etc. While she's whining, the man cut her, saying "You know what, life, happiness, sadness, sometimes even death, is all up to you and your choices. Do not drag anyone, especially your parents, into our problems. Our live is our own responsibility." The rest is not important, just some funny argument the girl is saying, but I could not agree more with the man's word! How interesting when I was in such a dilemma, the advice came from nowhere! :D So thank you, fighting couple.

The second one is a very sad one. A man younger than me came in looking very pale, and I overheard (mind you, I did not eavesdrop, they spoke so loud!) that he got acute pancreas problem, have to be hospitalized immediately or he may die. His equally young fiancee went away from the bed and made a phone call to someone, sobbing... telling whoever on the other line the news and wondering how can they pay the expenses. I think whoever she called suggested another hospital, a cheaper one, or just buy some painkillers for now until they can find some money to pay the expenses. At that moment I felt sad for them, but selfishly grateful, how blessed am I and so do most of you, my friends. Be grateful for what you have. Let us pray for the man's recovery.

No comments: